1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need some help with root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamesrmacy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jamesrmacy

jamesrmacy Newbie

guys i need some help, i have an HTC Evo Design 4G that i am trying to root, i have no clue how to do it and would like instructions on how to do this please and thank you!

Evo Design
    ICS 4.0.3
    Firmware 3.14.651
    HBOOT 1.30.00

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Android Enthusiast

Thaks for posting your software information, that would answer most of the necessare questions! I do have one more question though, what operating system are you running on your computer?

jamesrmacy likes this.
  3. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Android Enthusiast

Also, since there seem to be a few people totally stumped on rooting this device right now (I'm sure there are more who just aren't posting about it), I'll be writing up a very detailed how-to in the next two days. I'll even be returning my phone to stock once or twice, just to go through my own instructions and make sure it's all correct.
    So for that purpose, I won't be posting the instructions in your thread. But I will keep an eye on your thread in case you have any more questions. Also, keep an eye out for a new thread from me.

damewolf13 and jamesrmacy like this.
  4. Travisholt92

Travisholt92 Android Enthusiast

5. jamesrmacy

jamesrmacy Newbie

windows 7 thank you so much for the help. i really appreciate it!

6. jamesrmacy

jamesrmacy Newbie

my bootloader is unlocked, i was able to do that but i cannot figure out how to get the recovery image to flash, or gain rain access

7. Travisholt92

Travisholt92 Android Enthusiast

I know i had issues with it, i just had to keep playing with it. like running cmd as administrator... it was a hastle.

If im not mistaken all you have to do is flash CWM.. and install Superuser and busybox. Might have to hit "fix permissions" in CWM. im not 100% sure if this is how it works, Worst case scenario you end up with a stock rom, unrooted with CWM.. lol. but if thats the case might as well go ahead and install 2fast's http://2fastroms.com/showthread.php?5362-Rom-Kingdom-Ics-xFuZiionZz-4-3-2-(Updated-8-7-12)
    Its rooted, with su, pretty good rom overall. I would also flash his kernel with this too.

I hope this information that i've provided helps. i might do as i just showed Savage how to do and just completely re-root my phone just to find out how its done.

HTC EVO Design Forum

The HTC EVO Design release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews