• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Some Help?

Hello im new to this forum. i just need some help on weather to get the xperia 10? my mate has said to me that he doesnt want his xperia 10 and offered it to me to swap for my tocco as he just wants a basic phone according to him but i was jus wondering is it worth it obviously i know its better than the tocco but ive heard the xperia 10 has quite abit of problems. Help! :thinking:

Personally speaking, I've not got any problems at all with my X10 since installing the update a couple of months ago. Battery life is as good as I'd expect from a smart phone (2 - 3 days) and I'm not so bothered about having the very latest firmware (2.2) or multitouch as some people are.

On forums like this, you're going to hear more negative comments than possitive, because people tend to only post when they have a problem or question.

I think the offer of an X10 for a Tocco is a no brainer, and I'd go for it before he changes his mind!

Upvote 0
Personally speaking, I've not got any problems at all with my X10 since installing the update a couple of months ago. Battery life is as good as I'd expect from a smart phone (2 - 3 days) and I'm not so bothered about having the very latest firmware (2.2) or multitouch as some people are.

On forums like this, you're going to hear more negative comments than possitive, because people tend to only post when they have a problem or question.

I think the offer of an X10 for a Tocco is a no brainer, and I'd go for it before he changes his mind!
Thanks For The Help! Yeah id choose the xperia 10 anyday really like the phone since it come out but just loads of people saying this is wats rong with it giving me a full list but the good thing is that he said he hasnt had any problems with it which is good thanks for your help! :)

Upvote 0
My Mum has the Tocco (she thinks its terribly 'modern'!) but my X10 knocks it out of the water. I think your mate might need his head examined but if he's up for the swap I'd say go for it.

When you get it and if you want some help with setting it up then this forum is the place to ask.

Upvote 0
The battery will not be as good as the older 'dumb' phones but when you consider what this little beauty can do then getting a day out of it and whacking it on charge while your pushing zzzz's isn't a huge issue (where it sits alongside my hubby's iphone which also needs charging nightly too)

I use mine loads, cos I am on here and another forum answering questions which will no doubt involve me firing up the phone and fiddling around til I can figure out an answer. I text quite a lot, I use twitter and facebook, sometimes browse and oh yes occaisionally I use it on a call! I normally go to be at night with between 25 and 45 % left on the battery.

The latest firmwares on the phone helped the battery life considerably. Doing simple stuff like not having wifi switched on permenantly, same with bluetooth, keeping the screen brightness down... mine is perfect between 20 and 30% brightness except for very bright sunshine when I do whack it up, make a huge difference to the battery.

I wouldn't worry hugely about the battery life. There are people with minimum usage that report 2.5 days. I haven't achieved it but then my usage is not exactly minimal.

Hope it helps!

Upvote 0
The battery will not be as good as the older 'dumb' phones but when you consider what this little beauty can do then getting a day out of it and whacking it on charge while your pushing zzzz's isn't a huge issue (where it sits alongside my hubby's iphone which also needs charging nightly too)

I use mine loads, cos I am on here and another forum answering questions which will no doubt involve me firing up the phone and fiddling around til I can figure out an answer. I text quite a lot, I use twitter and facebook, sometimes browse and oh yes occaisionally I use it on a call! I normally go to be at night with between 25 and 45 % left on the battery.

The latest firmwares on the phone helped the battery life considerably. Doing simple stuff like not having wifi switched on permenantly, same with bluetooth, keeping the screen brightness down... mine is perfect between 20 and 30% brightness except for very bright sunshine when I do whack it up, make a huge difference to the battery.

I wouldn't worry hugely about the battery life. There are people with minimum usage that report 2.5 days. I haven't achieved it but then my usage is not exactly minimal.

Hope it helps!
Yeah thanks thats a great help! :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones