1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need some help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dogdvr, May 22, 2011.

1. dogdvr

dogdvr Lurker

Hey all,

I upgraded to a leaked version of GB awhile ago, it is build .588. I wanted to go to .595 so I could play with netflix, so I followed the instructions and have downloaded gingerbreak, and ran it. I also downloaded clockwork recovery mod manager, and this is where the problem starts. I cannot reboot into recovery mode. Either with the program or manually. Can someone please give me some clues on what I need to do to fix this?

TIA

Brent

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

2 questions. 1 are you sure your rooted and 2 have you installed D2 bootstrap recovery?

3. dogdvr

dogdvr Lurker

It says I have two programs with super user access, so I think so.

I did not install D2 bootstrap recovery. that was not included in my instructions

Brent

4. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

To be sure I'd download a terminal emulator from the market. Open the emulator up and type SU if the $ changes to a # then you are rooted. If you are rooted then install D2 Bootstrap and boot into CWM recovery and flash .595 (i'd wipe just to ensure no issues)

5. dogdvr

dogdvr Lurker

I am rooted, I did the test.

I looked at d2 bootstrap, but it says it is for motorola Bravo only

6. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

Unless the issue with the DX bootstrap has been fixed, you will need the D2bootstrap.

You can download D2 bootstrap from the market or
    My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)

7. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

you need to get d2 bootstrapper from koush website, google search droid 2 bootstrapper, and you will see koush website come up, you need to scroll down til you see droid 2 bootstrapper, its free, i paid for droid x bootstrapper, just know you need the bootstrapper to install these files

8. dogdvr

dogdvr Lurker

Many thanks all

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews