1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need some help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SotaBoyz, Aug 14, 2012.

1. SotaBoyz

SotaBoyz Newbie

How do i restore the phone back to stock, No root no signs of root or anything, i need to take it into sprint

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Are you having an issue? Sprint's policy towards rooted phones has changed.
    I wouldnt worry about it myself.
    However, there is an unrooting guide...I/someone will find it and link it to you.:)

3. SotaBoyz

SotaBoyz Newbie

I'm personally not the owner of the phone, Someone contacted me asking to unroot it, So im doing what they wish i've just never worked with sprint phones and dont really want to brick it

4. Mikestony

VIP Member

Gotcha, I am a little unfamiliar with unrooting but I do know that it would be helpful to know how it was rooted to begin with and also the information listed in the bootloader screen.;)

5. SotaBoyz

SotaBoyz Newbie

As far as I know, It's only got CWM on it and a flashed rom of some sort. Would a system restore of the phone not work for the evo?

6. Mikestony

VIP Member

Like a factory reset? That will not unroot it. It will wipe apps and data from phone only. The rom and recovery will still be intact.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. SotaBoyz

SotaBoyz Newbie

Okay so can i get that root to the unrooting guide?

8. Mikestony

VIP Member

Go to post # 2 at the bottom of post #2 of this guide
    Do you know how it was rooted?
    Can you get into bootloader screen and read what is there?

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. SotaBoyz

SotaBoyz Newbie

Not yet, Can you do me a huge favor, My norton is detecting fastboot.exe download url as a virus, can you reupload that somewhere for me?
    Edit: The entire website is being blocked. I need the downloads re uploaded some where
    Edit2:Nvm fixed it

10. Mikestony

VIP Member

Temporarily disable antivirus...
    What website is blocked.?
    I'm sorry but I dont know where else to get those files, I haven't the need to unroot...

Edit: just saw your edit.....nice then!!

11. SotaBoyz

SotaBoyz Newbie

Gosh, Evo has a pretty complicated process to unroot, Esteem is pretty nice in the fact that it has script's for both install's and uninstalls

12. Mikestony

VIP Member

It does look complicated and I have seen/heard of people having issues but I do not know. Then again, when I first rooted, it looked complicated. Now after rooting 3 Evo's, it's a snap!:)
    Good luck!!
    I know if you have issues, just post back or start a new thread.
    Ocnbrz know's alot about those kind of issues....:D

ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.
  13. SotaBoyz

SotaBoyz Newbie

okay i got problems, when trying the cat /sdcard/flash image it cant find the "folder"

14. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

put
    did you put the flash.img file in a folder? if so do not. it needs to be on the root of the sd card meaning no folders.

Mikestony likes this.
  15. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

We really need to know what the bootloader screen says, the unroot method is determined by it.

The difference is your esteem is just installing super user into /system/app folder, the HTC has to unlock the bootloader.
    On the htc if your bootloader says S-On you dont have as complicated of a time then all you need to do is use a RUU to upgrade/overwrite the rooted rom and the recovery.

Again it may be best to know what the bootloader says before trying to reinvent the wheel.

ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

This x100

17. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Ha i do not know what i was thinking:eek: i guess i should have read the rest of the thread. sorry goes to the op. i should have been more aware of this.

yes we really need to know what your hboot version is. like optimus here said, this will determine how to unroot you.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews