• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some ideas for using Tasker on a tablet

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I'm a huge fan of Tasker and I use and abuse it on my phone. I've got the typical things like turning GPS/Wifi/BT on for certain apps, turning off sounds at night, giving me media apps to pick from when I plug in my headphones, etc....

Now I have a NC. I'm not sure what I can do with it on a tablet. The GPS/Wifi stuff really isn't needed. My tablet (NC) doesn't have GPS and I just leave wifi on all the time anyway as I use it most at home. I don't use it to consume audio media the way I do with my phone so the headphone thing isn't needed.

What can I use Tasker for on a tablet?

I disagree. Often I find there are things that I don't think about which can be made easier or automated with Tasker. I'd love to hear about how tablet owners have leveraged this great tool to improve the way they use their device.

I own a Viewsonic G-Tablet and, without GPS or cellular service, I don't find nearly as much use for Tasker. That said, I did use it to turn off my lock screen (don't think you really need one on a tablet) and turn down my notification volume at night.

Upvote 0
I have been a huge fan of tasker for both phone and my tablet
For my tablet (NC cm7) I set it up to turn wifi / bluetooth off if the power level drops below 40% My primary use of the NC is as a reader so wouldn't want the book to need juice in a good chapter! It also trims the screen brightness as the juice levels drop.
Mostly I use Tasker to handle power consuming components.

Upvote 0
I have been a huge fan of tasker for both phone and my tablet
For my tablet (NC cm7) I set it up to turn wifi / bluetooth off if the power level drops below 40% My primary use of the NC is as a reader so wouldn't want the book to need juice in a good chapter! It also trims the screen brightness as the juice levels drop.
Mostly I use Tasker to handle power consuming components.

Can you tell me how you managed to dim the display as brightness drops? When I tried doing this the "battery changed" profile is constantly active. It works dimming, but drains the battery anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones