• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Need some input on what case to get for my incredible

my vote goes to otterbox. One thing i really like about them (which i cant comment on the others simply bc ive never bought their stuff) is the customer service. I had an issue with the silicone part of the otterbox case stretching out a little bit over time. It didnt fall off the phone or anything, but was really just annoying. I sent a CS rep an email explaining what had happened. He simply asked my to take a photo of the problem and the otterbox logo with an index card with my name and date on it. within 20 minutes of sending the email, I already had an invoice and the tracking info for a new case being sent to me. Their customer service really won me over

Upvote 0
Can't comment really on the others; I have an Innocase. I really like it - think it's a great case that doesnt add much bulk and feels like it'll protect my phone if I drop it. It recesses the camera lens and the screen so you can put the phone face up or face down ith only the case touching the table.

Also, I like how it keeps the surface of the back of the phone with the different layers and isn't just flat like the Otterbox.

Upvote 0
I have 3 cases I'd recommend.

Innocase Active - two part case (inner soft shell, outer hard shell) which gives you the benefits of shock absorption, plus easy to pocket. Downside is that it's bulky (not as bad as Otterbox though), it doesn't look pretty, and there are MANY reports of peeling issues.

Speck Candyshell (from VZW website) - Same as the Active, only it's one combined piece. Has the red on black look of the Incredible. Downsides are that it's harder to remove than the Active, the red is overdone, and the red is also the wrong shade of red, so it clashes with the earpiece of the Incredible.

Verizon high-gloss - cheaper case, but isn't as bulky, has a nice look to it while offering solid protection. Comes in red or black, but right now there's an error with the VZW website where if you order black, they still send you red.

Upvote 0
I have the case mate and i love it.The outer hard shell is like a knurled surface so it won't slip or slide very easy.

Is the hard shell rubberized, and if so, any peeling?

I have an Seidio Active case that is peeling so badly it looks like it has mange.

130947300.jpg

Upvote 0
This shouldn't be happening. Can you please PM me your order information so we can make sure you get a replacement?

You helped me replace my first Active case when it started to peel after a month. I thanked you for that.

I sent you a pm a few months ago when my "replacement" active case started peeling a week after I received it. Never got a response.

Needless to say, but going to anyway, getting myself a Case-Mate or Otterbox for Christmas. Tired of running around with this 'mangy-looking' case.

Upvote 0
I went through two Innocase II cases before giving up. The first one fit well but it started peeling so I sent it back to Amazon and got a replacement. The second one had a horrible fit and started scuffing up my phone. Wasn't about to try a third.

Now I have the Innocase Active and I really like it. I've had it for about 3 months now and don't have any of the peeling issues.

Upvote 0
I settled on the Gradient Case from Verizon Wireless. I like the look, how easy it is to get on/off, and also that it adds very little bulk.

I had a Reveal case for awhile but it added a significant amount of bulk and made the bottom of my phone get pretty hot.

I have heard good things about Otterbox cases- of your choices that is the one that I would go with.

Upvote 0
I've been using the high-gloss silicone case from Verizon for 9 months now, and I can't even imagine having anything else on my Incredible. Its very durable. I've only dropped it a handful of times, and when I did it actually bounced. Its also adds no bulk and has the "race car" styling on the back, just like when naked. I highly recommend it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones