• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need some major help ASAP!!

okay here is my problem.
what i wanna do is restore my evo to factory settings.
i have rooted my evo with unrevoked 3.
ive read on other threads where is says that all you have to do is uninstall it on application manager. but the problem is that theres no unrevoked app on the list. and what i wanna do is remove clockworkmod recovery to like normal.
im a neebie to all this tech stuff so im kinda lost. so i really need some help
so please help me!
Thank You

okay here is my problem.
what i wanna do is restore my evo to factory settings.
i have rooted my evo with unrevoked 3.
ive read on other threads where is says that all you have to do is uninstall it on application manager. but the problem is that theres no unrevoked app on the list. and what i wanna do is remove clockworkmod recovery to like normal.
im a neebie to all this tech stuff so im kinda lost. so i really need some help
so please help me!
Thank You

If you wan Factory Default settings follow this tutorial: How To: Unroot the HTC Evo | TheUnlockr

However, READ READ READ until you fully understand what it is you're doing. I've never done it, but I've heard people have success with this method. GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0
So what did you actually do to get it back to factory??
I believe unrevoked puts clockworkmod on your phone as the recovery image. If that's the case, one of the options on the recovery menu is "nandroid." Select that, and you'll see 2 options: backup and restore. The backup is saved on the SD card under a folder called /clockworkmod/backup.

When you do a restore, the recovery image will allow you to pick a previous backup from that same location. It would be wise to test a backup and restore first before doing any drastic changes.

Upvote 0
Like I said in the other thread, I'm no expert with unrevoked3. But it seems proven now that you CAN do NANDroid backups with the clockworkmod custom recovery image. It's possible that unrevoked automatically does a nandroid backup as part of its process.

So you should definitely check your sdcard for /clockworkmod/backup and see what's in there. You might have a 2.1 nandroid backup sitting there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones