1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Need some savvy help... Optimus V Stuck in Recovery (thunderc)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jntdroid, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast

I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to hacking Android (D1, DInc, DX), but I did a dumb thing and now I can't figure out how to fix it.

My wife has the Optimus V. Her first one was a bit of a lemon - crackling/popping on her voice reception, didn't keep a 3G signal. So I replaced it. I had her original one rooted (stock, no custom ROM), and had thunderc as custom recovery. In reverting her back to stock, like an idiot, I got rid of Superuser and simply did a factory reset, not thinking about the custom recovery. Well, of course, the factory reset doesn't work well with a custom recovery. It booted into thunderc, wiped data/cache, then just stopped. That's where I'm stuck. No matter what I try, it continues to boot into recovery.

My worry is that the factory reset sends some sort of command or line into the bootloader that forces it to boot into recovery to complete the factory reset - but since it's a custom recovery, it can't complete the full reset, and therefore that command or line hasn't been removed - the process hasn't gone full cycle.

I have a stock recovery .img and flash_image on my sd card, but since I can't get root access through recovery (at least I haven't figured out how), I can't "adb" flash the .img. With the Moto phones, there was always a .sbf floating around to help in times like this. I'm assuming there's nothing like this for LG, but I'm hoping there's maybe a .zip floating around that accomplishes what I'm trying to accomplish with the stock .img... haven't found it yet though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Advertisement

2. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast