• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER USED CWM ON THEIR PHONE! please XD

junkie2100

Android Expert
Mar 11, 2012
i need someone with a stock, rooted phone that has never been touched by clockworkmod to run some commands on their phone and upload the results

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 of=/sdcard/unknownblock

then upload the unknownblock file that will now be on your sdcard to the internet and tell me where to find it so i can test it and see what it originally did then make a fix for all the people who used either cwm

damn right, i just got your message but you can disregard the pm i sent you we will do things here, you help me out and i will walk you through installing cwm no matter how long it takes
just hook the phone up to the computer with debugging enabled and those commands i posted, then upload it to somewhere, doesnt really matter where any file sharing site will do though i prefer download dropbox myself and send me the link to it on here

Upvote 0
step 4
go into your phones settings, at the bottom of the settings page it will have a section called "developer options"
inside there at the very top it will have an option called "USB debugging" press it and a little blue check mark should appear in the box to the right of it
now plug the phone in, and when it asks you what usb mode you want to be in select "charge only"

Upvote 0
ok so it should in fact be rooted. we will test to see if it is now, this gets a little more complicated though

go to your start menu
all programs
accessories
and right click command prompt
you will see an option with a little shield that says run as administrator
click that and a black box will pop up

Upvote 0
to get it off your phone you will need to unplug the phone, plug it back in, and this time hit "media transfer" when it asks for a connection type. that will bring it up in "my computer" and allow you to browse the device, go into the n861 thing that looks like an mp3 player and then go into the sdcard folder, the "unknownblock" file will be in there, copy and paste it to your desktop, then upload it from there and send me the link to it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones