• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Speed Check Site on My Fire

I would like to install a speed check site to check download and upload speed when on Wi Fi.
I have speakeasy.com on both my PC and laptop but cannot put it on my Fire. Says I have to update to Flash V7 or higher but that won't install .
Nice to be able to check speeds at various Wi Fi spots.

Any ideas of a program that can be easily installed and will work to check speed ?

there's an app for speedtest.net in the play store. You can't install PC programs on your phone.

Sorry, I don't understand. I am new to K Fire :eek:
What is the play store ? Is it a free app there or to be purchased . I am in Canada and can upload free ones from the App store but if it costs anything at all I am S O O L because I do not have a US address and US social security # in order to get a CC to buy there.

Upvote 0
Oh I missed you were using a Kindle Fire. The Play Store is Google's own app store, and the official app market for Android devices with the most number of Android apps available. However the Kindle Fire is Amazon's own device so from what I know you don't have access to it. Try looking for speedtest.net on the Amazon App Store but I can't guarantee it will be there. Its free.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.
I did a quick check and didn't spot it. Will do a more thorough check.
Tim Hortons started supplying Wi Fi today at our nearest location. Was going to take the Fire in tomorrow to check their speed but seeing as I can't do that I will take the lap top in with speakeasy on it. I have speakeasy on both my laptop and PC.

Edit

I checked again and found speedtest.net available on K Fire for $1.35. Of course I can't get it because it throws up that awfull message that I need a US credit6 card . Aarrgggg ! ! !

Upvote 0

Thanks but like I said in my message just above yours . . . . . . can't get it on a Kindle Fire with a Canadian Credit card of any type and that one costs $1.35 to put on Kindle as an app and only available in USA on a USA credit card.
It does however , load up just great and for free on my home based lap top as well as my main large PC.
Wish Amazon was not so strict on their credit cards . They love my Canadian credit cards when I am buying from their site but anything to do with uploading to Kindle units has to be on a US card. I buy many thousands of dollars worth of stuff on their amazon.com site using my Canadian cards.
I have bought two kindle Fire's and one Kindle touch. The one is mine and the other two were gifts.
They won't take international cards for any country outside of USA for downloading to the Kindle units.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones