1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Need standaclone Charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghamden, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Looking for a standalone charger to keep extra battery charged Can't seem to Loacate any for The Droid X any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. sharpgator

sharpgator Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I found one on Ebay for $5 or $6 bucks. We'll see how it works while I wait on Seidio. Just put in the term "droid x wall charger" on an Ebay search.

3. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I put a request into Seido hopefully they will have one soon

4. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
  5. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    You have to take into consideration they are coming from China. So it's a chance you'll have to take. Of course most things do today.

6. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    I found a web site that sells them, because of warnings the web site triggered other peoples security software (it didn't mine) I put off buying it, was $7.00 if I recall. At least one person from that thread bought one. Can probably do a search to bring up that thread to see if he updated.

7. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    I can confirm it's stable...Not sure about hurting the battery long term. I got this along with 2 generic batteries from the eBay vendor sellinday for under $14. I have charged both generic batteries with the charger, no problem. The generic batteries don't last as long in the phone as the Moto battery does.

I don't recommend the batteries as a replacement, but are fine as a backup. One battery is recognized and will charge in the phone, but will drop from 100 to 5 percent in 4 hours and will stay on 5 percent for 3 more hours before the phone shuts down. The other battery will last about the same amount of time (7 hours) but the battery icon shows a question mark in it and the battery cannot be charged in the phone. Good for an emergency, but not for daily use.

Did the charger (same one as you are asking about) cause these problems, probably not. My though is the batteries are mislabeled as 1540 mA. You are always taking a chance when you buy generic items.

kwest12 likes this.
  8. wnrussell

wnrussell Member

Sep 13, 2009
    President
    Voorhees, NJ
    Yes, the charger is stable, comes with a USB connector also, and they are coming with batteries often.

The battery is OK for a spare, but it isn't Motorola and the battery charge indicator on the phone can't display a value.

They take about 10 days to order from China.

kwest12 likes this.
  9. larry1014

larry1014 Active Member

May 23, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Virginia
    kwest12 likes this.