• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Stock Rom for Op V w/ S Screen

if you're only after the appearance and don't mind a little extra juice under the hood, you can use the stock rom and flash either zefie's xionia 14 anykernel or drewwalton's xionia redux kernel after restoring the stock nandroid from the sticky. then flash mmarz' keyswap zip.
links are in my black-screen sticky thread on android central under optimus v rooting roms and hacks.
or you can search AC's sprint optimus section for xionia redux, and xda's p500/v section for xionia kernel (the keyswap is in the OP with the xionia download links)
make sure to use the anykernel version of original xionia 14 if you go that way instead of drew's.

Upvote 0
if you're only after the appearance and don't mind a little extra juice under the hood, you can use the stock rom and flash either zefie's xionia 14 anykernel or drewwalton's xionia redux kernel after restoring the stock nandroid from the sticky. then flash mmarz' keyswap zip.
links are in my black-screen sticky thread on android central under optimus v rooting roms and hacks.
or you can search AC's sprint optimus section for xionia redux, and xda's p500/v section for xionia kernel (the keyswap is in the OP with the xionia download links)
make sure to use the anykernel version of original xionia 14 if you go that way instead of drew's.
I am really wanting a True Stock Rom incase I ever need to take it in for service. I dont really need it now, but would like it just incase.

Upvote 0
cobraextreme over at xda posted a boot.img off of what looks to be a new OV by the build date and video driver config in the kernel.
Its kernel still boots my old stock ROM, so I'm patching the update.zip from the sticky with the apparently new kernel, and posting it up as a reply to the sticky once it's done in some (make that many, slow upload) minutes.
not sure how often asadullah's around, so dunno about adding it to the OP if it works, but you can give it a spin... if it works I'll post the zip on xda and android central too.

edit:make that morning, the upload is horribly slow, and I'm tired.
I'll get it posted for you though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones