1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need Suggestion for MP3 player

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MuGGzyX, Sep 13, 2011.

1. MuGGzyX

MuGGzyX Member
    None

Nov 14, 2010
    I know it sounds nitpicky but I am looking for an MP3 app that lets you sort and browse by directory. Almost all I have tried sort by artist or MP3 file name. I sort my library by genre and keep all of them in the various folders, like "rock" "dance", etc. I want to be able to create a Playlist and just add an entire folder instead of having to add artists/albums/songs individually.

Suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Dick Butkus

Dick Butkus Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    I used to have a 120 gig Zune. I was in the minority, but I loved mine until it died, thankfully before the warranty ended! They dont make it anymore. It would allow you to program the track tags in whatever genres or whatever in the way you had described. So I could listen just shuffle whatever music I wanted by genre. Metal, 80s, electronica, whatever. It was very convenient and user friendly. I hope Zune has learned from its mistakes and makes better versions in the future, it sounds like what you want.

Between Pandora and Spotify, I am not intested in getting an mp3 player in the foreseeable future.

3. MuGGzyX

MuGGzyX Member
    None

Nov 14, 2010
    Well as neat as Pandora and such are, sometimes I want to listen to very specific, somewhat eclectic stuff that I probably won't find on anything vaguely "mainstream". Like 80s Gangsta Rap lol.

4. poordude1089

poordude1089 Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    PlayerPro can do that, but it's five bucks if that's a problem. There's a bunch of library options and one is to sort by folder.

5. KaosStorm

KaosStorm Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    Male
    Production manager
    Guatemala City
    MortPlayer is an mp3 player that reads by folders instead of by tags, so that's probably gonna go right up your alley.

6. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    The rockbox android port will let you browse by file/directory structure or by tags. It also plays just about every music file type out there, and does stuff like mp3+cuefile as well.

It is, however, still in its early stages and the user interface is very clunky compared to most of the players on the market.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I'd suggest jukefox. If you have your music tagged properly with their genre (like your example of 80s gangsta rap) they will be sorted according to that under genre. Also, its a smart player. Its able to automatically identify songs according to beat/pace/mood and it can also identify what kind of songs you want to listen to at the moment depending on what songs you skip over. Check out their video demo in the market.