1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need Suggestions for temp phone until Droid X releases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SysAdmNj, Jun 29, 2010.

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Android Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    I'm thinking about getting the Droid X, but my current ATT billing cycle ends June 30th. That means if I go a day or two over, they will charge me an entire billing cycle. I definitely would want to avoid giving them free money, if I was to leave them at the middle of July for the droid x. They do not pro-rate you. So if I go the Droid X route, I'm cancelling on June 30th.

- What can I use for 2 weeks until the droid x releases? Any prepaid phone ideas?

- Will I lose my old phone number since I'm not porting it to a new carrier yet?

Advertisement

2. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Android Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2010
    Orange County
    Yes you will lose it if you cancel June 30th. Just pay for another month of service. Done deal.

3. rootedEris

Jun 3, 2010
    Yeah you will lose your number.

Go to a vzw store and explain your situation, they SHOULD give you a loaner free of charge until your X is purchased. I dont see why they wouldn't scoop you up from sprint...
    Prepaid phones are a waste of money. but If you get a prepaid please let us know which one drops more calls. ATT or the prepay phone

4. jd34376

jd34376 Newbie

Jun 30, 2010
    In my ATT account it says "As of June 30 you have 7 days left in your billing cycle" also "last payment applied on June 29". So my question is, can I go to verizon in the next 6 days and get a Droid or whatever is in stock, then take it back for the Droid X? If so how much would I have to pay.

5. rootedEris

Jun 3, 2010
    JD-
    yeah, you should have the 30 day money back guarantee available to you.