1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Need Suggestions, Should I purchase this phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blackbook88, May 18, 2011.

1. blackbook88

blackbook88 Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    I plan on using this phone for daily web browsing, youtube, and music. I will also want to use it as a hotspot at my house to get 4g speeds on my Imac. Is this phone worth it. Whats better this or the droid charge? Should I would for something greater and better? Are a lot of people having problem or is this a great phone? I just really want 4g LTE. BTW im coming from the droid x.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

2. Nor*Cal

Nor*Cal Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Bay Area
    This phone does have its problems but in my opinion its currently the best phone available for 4g through Verizon. The current issue is with the recently released update but its just a matter of time that those issues are resolved. I'm not a Samsung fan so I would not consider the Charge over the Tbolt.

Your biggest challenge will be the battery but considering the screen size and power of the Tbolt I would not let it deter you from getting one.

I'm sure others can provide more detail but my feedback is to get the thunderbolt and enjoy having a mini computer in your pocket. The speeds with 4g is pretty awesome.

3. Sintec

Sintec Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    Arizona
    I would say for web browsing the Tbolt is better as the Charge has some noticeable lag when browsing. For YouTube, you will get roughly the same speeds on both phones for downloading, but the quality will be better on the Charge due to its Amoled plus screen. Music will likely be roughly the same on both as far as UI, but external speaker could be different if you aren't going to use headphones all the time. I don't have either phone, but frequent the forums and have done research on both, so others might be able to chime in and give you mire info if need be.

4. thorthunderblt

thorthunderblt Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Ur mom
    Ur moms bed