• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEED system dumps

Need system dump for LG Optimus C. We're working on porting a recovery to it. Currently working with whatisnowmarketing from XDA, the same guy who ported it to all the other optimus devices.

Rebel, Here is a system dump including stock recovery and boot img for the Optimus C 2.2.2. (has the update). I hope you will post the recovery here when a usable recovery is completed. Both of you would be much appreciated by the Optimus C community

LW690System.rar.

SillyPutty

Upvote 0
This might be a stupid question but isnt the optimus m exactly the same phone? Wouldn't a flash of the m recovery work in the c?

Yeah just small things need to be changed.It wasn't a stupid question but some people bricked their phones trying that. You got the theory right, just change a couple things and flash the modifed recovery to this one. Then HOPEFULLY CM7 (I'd be in heaven to run CM again :D). Been an original user since the G1 so it has a special place in my heart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones