1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need tips on saving battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkcyber, Feb 15, 2011.

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    I would like to use SetCPU, Droid Overclock, or something similar to see if I can really save battery juice during the day while running Liberty 1.5. So, I have SetCPU, but really don't know how to use it for doing this. Can someone either give me some suggestions or a link to do this? Again, I am not looking at overclocking, I want my X to run fast and smooth during my normal usage, but want it to really conserve battery other times. Maybe this makes sense :cool:

Advertisement

2. johnny9374

johnny9374 Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    i use jrummy's oc app and set up a profile for when the screen is off its using less juice now granted while im at work my phone gets moderate use but by the end of the night i still have 50 % battery left

3. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    On setcpu, make a profile for "screen off". In the profile, make sure that your max and min are the lowest possible (mine's 400 but typically it's 300). Then, based on the other profiles you have set up, make sure its priority is higher than other conditions if you want this to be the most important. Also, I find that if I'm on wifi and using Y5 battery saver I get 2x as much battery life than if my phone is searching for 3g service all the time. Sadly, no wifi at work.

darkcyber likes this.