• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to backup...what utilities should I use?

I have astro and used that to backup my market apps, but if I am thinking of taking my 1.5 eris to the 2.1 leak recently talked about...what should I do to 'prepare" my phone?

What are the chances I will brick my phone going to the 2.1. I have been on 1.5 long enough, thinking of taking the jump just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row.

Thanks

Well congratulations!! The 2.1 Leak was worth it for me 100%. If you follow all the directions for installing the leak the chances are slim to none for bricking your phone. Just let your phone do the work.

As for the backup apps, I like as do many others appBrain. This backs up your apps to google. It's worth it.

Take the plunge it doesn't hurt.

**Edit** Sorry I forgot to mention, Even though I haven't heard of anyone loosing anything on their SD card, i would also recommend backing up anything that's important, ie: pictures, music, videos to at least your computer if not to the "cloud" with something like Lookout (it's in the market)

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of an app that will backup all my settings to go from the previous 2.1 to the new 2.1? For example, just about all my icons are custom icons using Better Cut. Does anyone know of an app that will restore those when flashing to a new version? I would just hate to go through all the time to redo my custom icons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones