1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need: 'To Do' App w/Specific Qualities

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Violet62, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Violet62

Violet62 Lurker

Hi,

I actually don't own an Android phone, but I work as a personal assistant for someone who does.

My boss is looking for a (preferably free) android app that has a "to do" or task list that he can update from his phone, which will in turn sync to an online account that is NOT google based.

Basically, he wants to be able to update a task list that I can access online because most of our work is done in separate locations. For obvious reasons, we're both not comfortable with my having his google account password; thus, anything that syncs with google tasks probably won't work? He liked Remember the Milk for this purpose, but he doesn't want to pay for the subscription now that the trial period is over.

I've been researching, but I'm having trouble finding something else that doesn't sync with google tasks.

Just trying to stay employed. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Traviswf

Traviswf Member

Check out the toodledo service online and the "got to do" app. Their may be a tiny subscription fee to sync to mobile, but it's a great service and the app is great to. It can be complex enough for Getting Things Done or simple task lists if that's all you want.
    And Toodledo is a separate account and password from google. Good luck!

3. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

I think I remember reading several months ago that Astrid would sync to a free RTM account (to use the RTM Android app, you need a paid account). I just checked the Astrid page and apparently the most recent Astrid version won't do this (I didn't quite grasp the reasons, legal issues of some sort). But an older and less advanced version seems to be available, and they mentioned another sync service too (in addition to Google). Might be worth checking out.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I use GTasks by Dato. It allows you to pick which Google account to sync with. One option for your scenario is to create a new Google account and use that to store tasks in. That way the tasks are available on his Android phone and you can assess them via the web. GTasks has a free Android client.

5. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

Toodledo online is free and got to do is $5 but there is also a got to do lite. Don't know if it will meet your needs but it's worth a look.

My thoughts are with you - trying to stay to employed by a guy who can afford a personal assistant but won't pay $25/year for a service to make it easier for him to tell you what he wants you to do. :rolleyes:

Good luck and welcome to the forums.