• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need to Factory Reset with broken LCD

Novok

Lurker
Jan 9, 2016
Hey all,

As the title reads, I need to factory reset my phone, however the LCD is smashed (amazingly, the glass is not...) and thus I can't see what I am doing. I have to reset it as I have claimed on insurance and need to return broken phone to the company, however it still has my fingerprint lock and would be considered a 'non return' if they are unable to access the phone and thus I would be heavily fined.

If anyone can give me a step by step guide on a FR without the use of a screen, it would be fantastic! Worth noting that everything else on the phone is functioning perfectly.

Thanks guys,
Ash

I would recommend registering your replacement device on www.samsung.com by clicking on the owners and support tab and then clicking Register Your Device. After the device is registered on Samsung.com you will have access to findmymobile.Samsung.com. In my extensive experience with troubleshooting Samsung devices, I find findmymobile much more reliable. Especially when it comes to unlocking devices remotely that you can not get past the screen lock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones