• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need to FULLY clone my xz1 - how?

Hi
I have a Sony XZ1 with 225 apps and lots of login data - and I would like to transfer EVERYTHING to another device of the exact same type (XZ1).

I understand I could make a full backup/restore using Dr.Fone but in order to do so, I would need to root both devices (old and new)? But I also understand that if I root the old phone, I need to wipe all the data?

So, here are my 2 questions:
  1. Is there any way to transfer EVERYTHING (incl. apps, data, home screen, accounts, etc.) from the old to the 'new' phone?
  2. If not, is there a simple way of rooting the phone WITHOUT deleting all the data? - Then I could try to create a full backup incl. all apps via Dr. Fone and then restore it to the 'new' device.
Any help appreciated!
best regards,
Chris

nope sorry, it does not quite work that way .....unfortunately.

you can back up certain apps and some data but that's about it. there is also a way to backup text messages with an app called sms backup. not sure about sony, buy samsung has a nifty backup and restore utility called smart switch.. it saves all of your apps, contacts, call logs,, and settings. it does not save data or text messages however.

found this, but i have no clue how effective it is:
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00243159

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones