1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need to Hide "Adult" Apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AmickAndAmick, Sep 23, 2011.

1. AmickAndAmick

AmickAndAmick Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    Ok... Got my first smart phone (Commando running on android 2.2)... so far not really impressed! But anyway, my wife and I, are enjoying some of the adult apps but we have a ten year old who likes to play games on my phone.

We need to hid the adult stuff so he doesn't find them some Sunday afternoon at my parents house.

I have tried a couple apps and have been about to lock them but not hide them. I think "hideit" but I say something I don't understand about the "root"

PLEASE HELP BEFORE WE GET BUSTED BY A 10 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

2. Motorhomer

Motorhomer Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Male
    Retailer
    Lancashire, England
    This is an excellent app. It is listed as an audio manager with all the controls for bass, treble and volume etc.

When you tap on the top of the screen it displays the password window which will then allow you access to all your hidden files, videos, documents etc.

No chance whatsoever of the sprog accessing them!

Hide it Pro - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartanuj.hideitpro&feature=search_result

3. Chuck O. Jones

None

Sep 4, 2011
    lock your phone.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Considering that the Commando is a mid-range phone designed not for features to impress but to withstand almost any physical abuse, it obviously wont be impressive in areas other than durability.

Other launchers, like GO Launcher, has a feature to hide applications from the app drawer.

5. AmickAndAmick

AmickAndAmick Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    I do lock it but if I hand the phone to my 10 year old to play "cut the rope" its kind of pointless not to unlock it....

Shame on me for having adult things on my phone for my wife and I to enjoy.... maybe so

6. AmickAndAmick

AmickAndAmick Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011

Is the app drawer the "page" all the apps are listed on? Sorry this stuff is very new to me

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Yes, when you open it its the one filled with all the icons of all the apps.

8. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
  9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

A bit of advice for the OP without value judgements or other insulting words is the way to go in a thread like this. ;)

User Guidelines, along with the forum Zero Tolerance Policy are linked in my "show" sig.

MacFett and Goreygirl like this.
  10. AmickAndAmick

AmickAndAmick Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011

I thought my response was witty without being rude... but just to be sure I took your advice and the high road...

Thanks!
    Hal

NightAngel79 and Frisco like this.
  11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    Some of the launcher apps (LauncherPro for example) give you the availability to hide whatever apps in the app drawer that you want hidden. This way, you can easily still use the adult apps (longpress on homescreen, shortcuts, applications... etc etc) by adding their icons on the home screen and then simply drag the icons to the trash while your son plays games, and if he opens the app drawer they won't show up in there. It's only a minor inconvenience for you to re-add the icons to the desktop, but will keep your son/daughter safe from seeing them. ;)

Edit: Just found this, not sure if you'd be interested or not but thought I would toss it out there just in case!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nightshadelabs.smartlock.pro.free&feature=search_result

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEoG37EWujM

12. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Go Launcher and Launcher Pro both allow for hiding apps in the app drawer. You just have to remember to re-hide them when you're doing viewing them with your wife.

Because my 5 and 6 year olds play on my Optimus V, that is the exact reason I don't have any adult apps.

Would like to see an app that locks folders, so you can put said apps into a folder on home screen and then hide them in the app drawer. Have to put in a pin to open the folder with the adult apps.

13. justboy

justboy Member
    None

I've personally not used this, but there is an app called Android Protector that allows you to password protect apps. Maybe you can create a folder for your "adult" apps and password protect that.

Android Protector

[​IMG]