• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need to install custom ROM in a Chinese tablet

Hello everyone !

I've a Chinese tablet device which I want to install on it a custom ROM to change its features and also its Android version to a newer one.
The problem is that the tablet doesn't have a known brand. I googled it and I didn't find a lot of matches and it doesn't display in the ROM websites. I can't find any related article about it.

The following are the tablet specs:
- Brand: ZTENG
- Model: ZT502 (PND)
- Board: zteng27_tb_c_kk
- Hardware: mt8127 (it seems like it's MediaTek)
- Android Version: 4.4.2
- Kernel Architecture: armv7l
- Root Status: Has Root
- CPU Architecture: ARM Cortex-A7 (4 Cores)
- GPU: ARM
_* If you need more info just tell me *_

So I want to know if I can change its ROM by a new one and let it has more features using a Universal ROM if this exists. I have a little knowledge in this domain but I didn't find something to do with this. I can't use TWRP because the device name is not listed in the compatible devices list.

I hope someone of you there can help me with this device :(
If there's any other required info, please just tell me and I will provide everything.

- Best Regards & Thanks !
Hajji Abdoullah.

@Hajji Abdoullah custom roms means you will need dev support. like @Dannydet said, unfortunately there is no dev support.

for future reference always go looking for custom roms at https://www.xda-developers.com/. it is a developers forum where devs will publish their goodies. if there is no forum for your devicee then there is no support for it......so always go there first to see if a particular device can be rooted and to see how much support there is for it.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
@Hajji Abdoullah custom roms means you will need dev support. like @Dannydet said, unfortunately there is no dev support.

for future reference always go looking for custom roms at https://www.xda-developers.com/. it is a developers forum where devs will publish their goodies. if there is no forum for your devicee then there is no support for it......so always go there first to see if a particular device can be rooted and to see how much support there is for it.
Hi @ocnbrze,
Yes I already went there and checked if there's any related post but, unfortunately, there's nothing matching my needs.
So thanks for your reply. And thanks also to @Dannydet !

Have a nice day !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones