1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need to Make a Decision

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jschlis, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jschlis

jschlis Newbie

I use a Blackberry and a jailbroken iphone, using the bb as my phone, email and text tool. I feel each one has functionality that the other doesn't. For example BB has profiles that I can set for individual contacts that supersedes any ring/vibrate profile that I have set. Iphone is great for surfing. I want to get rid of both and carry one phone. In addition to an ipad I do have a Nexus 7 so I am familiar with the Android os. In researching the two phones that I am interested in, the Galaxy S3 and the Droid Maxx HD I come to one conclusion. Both have issues be it software or hardware. They lock up, become unresponsive, and require a battery (S3) pull or reboot(Maxx HD). The one thing about both phones that I run is that they do not need to be rebooted or require a battery pull. Is this a true assessment on my part or am I wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Funnyusername

Funnyusername Android Enthusiast

First, don't get caught up in what the internet says about "bugs" and problems with phones. If you do so, you will never buy a phone. Because all you read about is problems, and no one talks about their phone that has no issues. That being said, I own the S3 and I don't have any issue with the phone (with the ones you mentioned). With the problems I did have, it was not my phone, but a 3rd party app.

Bottom line, get the phone and try it out yourself. I would say go with the S3 UNLESS your biggest concern is battery life. The Maxx has a much bigger battery. S3 gets great battery life as well. If you end up not liking the phone, take it back and exchange it for the Maxx.

We are here for any problems or questions you have. Good luck on the decision.

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Anyone can have some issue with some phone. I think that most phones work without needing to reboot it periodically. There will always be some flaws in the manufacturing process and someone is bound to be unlucky enough to get a bad phone that has issue. I have seen people complain about issues with every model of phone, even iPhones and BlackBerrys.

I personally have an SGS3 and it has been rock solid for me.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I can't speak for the MAXX HD, but, I've had my SGS III for two months & have yet had to pull the battery for any kind of glitch.
    Some of us prefer one manufacturer over another, but, I think it's safe to say that either phone, the MAXX HD or SGS III will serve you well.

They are fairly evenly matched spec wise,take your pick.

5. jschlis

jschlis Newbie

Thank you for the input. Much appreciated.

6. GJC

GJC Newbie

I have my Samy gs3 for three months already without issues, I like you began to have concerns about the phone after reading so many posts about situations with it went ahead and bougth two extra batteries from gorilla gadgets, they hold more charge than the original. I had a LG Esteem with this phone I have to exchange batteries at the end of the day but with SGS3 I haven't had that issue anymore.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews