1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need to reset my droid Inc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hemi_dub, Sep 13, 2011.

1. hemi_dub

hemi_dub Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    I was at work yesterday and my battery was about to die, as the phone was shutting down i accidentally removed the battery to put in a fresh one. The phone had not completely shut off. When i turned the phone back on all my apps that were saved to SD had disappeared and i could not get any of them to work. I did a factory data reset and format internal phone storage and a SD format. After the reset all my contacts are still their and all my apps FC, i have to install and uninstall the same app like 3 times for it to work correctly, also my phone is running really slow. I have reset my phone 4 times and it still doesn't work. Is there any other way for me to reset the phone completely to factory setting or do i have to go to verizon and hope they change it. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Could you elaborate on the formatting of the internal storage? Did you do something separately from the factory reset that was specific to the internal storage?

3. hemi_dub

hemi_dub Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    When u do the factory reset it ask if u want to format internal storage, i did because i need the phone to be like it was when i got it from verizon

4. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    Ok, just making sure I understood. Are you running 2.2 still or have you upgraded to 2.3? Also, when you formatted your card, did you move all the contents off the card before formatting and then replace afterward?

5. hemi_dub

hemi_dub Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    im still on 2.2, and rooted, i moved everything to my computer before formating, my card is still empty. Im trying to get the phone working right before i start moving things back to my SD card.

6. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    So you're rooted. How are you getting all your apps and data back? Using Titanium or similar app, reloading them all from the market, other? If using Titanium, which restore option are you using? Were you ever on a rom instead of just stock rooted 2.2?

7. hemi_dub

hemi_dub Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    I'm installing all my apps from the market, and I have stock 2.2 rom rooted

8. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    I'm assuming your recovery is Clockworkmod then. I guess the next thing I would try is boot into recovery and wipe data/cache and dalvik cache (under advanced menu). Then reboot to system.

Seems like the factory reset should be doing the same sort of thing but I'm not sure how it handles all the wiping. The other thing you could do if you're up for it would be to do a full wipe and load a stock, rooted rom. To me, the issue sounds like one of an incomplete wipe of previous data.

9. Wpz2000

Wpz2000 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Male
    Semiconductor Test Engineer, 3D Technology Develop
    Westchester, NY
    Have you tried running the phone without the SD card? If not, give it a shot (do a factory reset after taking the card out).