1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need to reset my PIN, still have control of phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by XP51Mustang, Jan 15, 2013.

1. XP51Mustang

XP51Mustang Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    I have a LG 35G Android powered smartphone from net10. earlier today i was trying to set a new PIN for myself and i messed up the number because i got bumped.

So it set a new PIN for me and i have no clue as to what it is. Thankfully i checked the PIN right after entered it or else i mightve locked my phone without realizing the pin wasnt what i thought it was. No, i still have full access to my phone, installing apps ect, but i cannot change my PIN to the desired number because i have no idea what faulty PIN its set to now.

Are there any applications that can help me change/remove my PIN? I would REALLY prefer NOT wiping my phone, and id like to explore every option i can before my phone locks (i have set the screen timeout to 30 minutes and occasionally i tap it so it doesnt lock).

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Most android phones allow you to reset the pin after being locked out (usually about 10 failed attempts) by signing in with your gmail credentials. If that fails, factory reset would be your only option.