• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need to restore contacts; faulty call audio

alekhyaFix

Lurker
Apr 11, 2016
My s3 was playing up and so I performed a factory reset on the phone. Prior to that, i saved everything on the phone to a location in my pc. Is there any way i can restore my contacts from all the files saved in my pc?

Another issue im facing is that the earpiece on my phone has become increasingly dull and low - is this a hardware issue? how can i fix it?

Can you be more specific?

What is the "everything" you saved to the pc? How did you save it?

Are your contacts backed up to Google? Did you export your contacts to a .vcf card?

As far as the earpiece, unless you did anything to modify the phone's audio drivers/settings I'm going to assume it's hardware related. If that's the case, the solution is a physical repair

Edit - where are my manners? Hello and welcome to our awesome forum :)

Upvote 0
I see. Unfortunately, if that's the case, I believe your contacts are lost. They aren't automatically saved to the phone's internal storage.

If they had been saved to the sim, I'd assume they would have repopulate by now. (I'm a cdma user, so I'm not very familiar with sims)

I'm sorry, I don't think there is anything you can do to retrieve them... Unless you happen to have a nandroid backup that you made prior to the wipe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones