1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Need to return my Droid X, whats the best route?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xelios, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Well, I'm gonna have to return it. Don't worry, I'll still be getting another :D

My battery life hasn't been as great as everybody mentioned, my phone suffers from random reboots (nothing helped, i tried it all), and now I noticed my camera has 4 stuck pixels. Not so bad in Camera mode, but a lot more prominent in Camcorder mode.

So how should I do it? I purchased it in store at a VZW. So am I restricted just to that, or can I call VZW? Which route would be better? Anything I should know about beforehand?

Advertisement

2. did you purchase it at a corporate store or a retailer? if it was a corporate store you can return it at any other corp. store, if purchased at a retailer you have to bring it back to that store. id recommend calling ahead to make sure they have a droid X to swap it with. make sure you have the phone all accesories and stuff with it. thats about all I can think of.

Xelios likes this.
  3. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Yeah I purchased it at a corporate store. So any other corporate store? Thats good to know, thanks.

Also I mailed in my rebate so I had to cut the UPC out of the box. That won't hinder anything, will it?

4. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    call customer support and get it set up. when they send you a new phone it will also have a return shipping label for your old phone. easiest route

Xelios likes this.
  5. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Wouldnt there be a good chance I'd get a refurbished one though?

EDIT: Went to the corporate store. They looked at the stuck pixel issue and immediately sent me to sales. I'll have a new Droid X on Thursday. Thanks for the help guys.

6. thats the one benefit of corporate stores over us retailers, we cant be so easy on our returns :(