• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to root, have no idea where to start (google is not helping)

lovemehate

Lurker
Oct 25, 2014
First , am new to the forum! I hope this is in the right section..
so I got a LG Triumph by Virgin mobile, it seems they renamed it from LG Optimums? am not sure,...its totally confusing but its model number is:
LGLS660 and no matter what I search on google, I cannot get any info on how to root this phone....i get similar things, but am afraid to start the process wrong!
can anyone please point me in the right direction?
thanks!

btw I want to root it cause its running kitkat and I HATE its memory card restriction I cant do crap on it.

Hello lovemehate!
Welcome to AF!

So I moved your thread here seeing as you would like to root:)
If you can provide some more info as far as:

Device Name: LG LS 660 is the new LG Tribute (Done)
Device version: (as in 2.3.6 or 4.0.4 etc) <----Need that one;)
Device manufactuer: LG
Carrier: (need this too) Virgin Mobile?

Perhaps Shabby and his crew can come up with something for ya:)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
awesome thanks! heres the info:

Device Name: LG LS 660 is the new LG Tribute
Device version: (Hardware version?) Rev 1.0
Android version: 4.4.2
Device manufactuer: LG
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

have you tried towelroot ?

https://towelroot.com/

if it works, then you will need to install SuperUser from the the PlayStore

Upvote 0
crazy question but you ever try motochopper? its an oldbie but its been known to root more than just motorola phones

theres also kingo root whitch i trust,towelroot,ive had supersu itself actually turn off the security in kitkat and enable root itself too.course this was in a galaxy s3.havent tested it for other kitkats,most problems with these phones is they need to fall into the right devs hands.if the right dev doesnt get this phone or have one shipped to them to figure out the mechanics.its hard to say what will work.all we got atm is thoughts on the matter.like patton said though,seems like someones in the works for one anyways so who knows.

Upvote 0
have you tried towelroot ?

https://towelroot.com/

if it works, then you will need to install SuperUser from the the PlayStore
10930082_810710808964941_2665483363051120893_n.jpg

Not supported on the LG LS 660 so any rooting ideas now???

Upvote 0
Listen...there is NO root for lg tribute..I've read the forums..I've scoured the internet for days..i've exhausted google..there probably wont be a root for lg tribute..ever..locked bootloader makes it impossible..in short..your best bet is to wait for lollipop 5.0..dont listen to ANYBODY on here..if i find a method that WORKS...ill post the link. Dont waste ur time on threads and bullshit apps..there is no way and its not getting enough attention..i can barely find the lg tribute on root threads...its just not getting enough attention..and the lg tribute is crap with this itty bitty storage space

Upvote 0
Listen...there is NO root for lg tribute..I've read the forums..I've scoured the internet for days..i've exhausted google..there probably wont be a root for lg tribute..ever..locked bootloader makes it impossible..in short..your best bet is to wait for lollipop 5.0..dont listen to ANYBODY on here..if i find a method that WORKS...ill post the link. Dont waste ur time on threads and bullshit apps..there is no way and its not getting enough attention..i can barely find the lg tribute on root threads...its just not getting enough attention..and the lg tribute is crap with this itty bitty storage space

i have a LG Tribute (LGls660 rooted and ROMed with cyanogenmod nightly. I know this is an old post but i was wondering if there where any other ROMs out there for this spacific device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones