• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need to track another captivate...App suggestion?

PowerLaw

Lurker
Oct 13, 2010
Please no privacy complaints... My 13 year old daughter now has a captivate to match my own. I am new at this and frankly, got these 2 phones so I can keep track of her whereabouts. She is at a critical age and unfortunately has been making some bad choices as of late. it is just the two of us and this may help me avoid a potential disaster. Are there recommended apps that will work on the captivate to provide me with simple real time tracking of her (phone) and do so quietly in the background? I know she wont go anywhere without it...

Yea, the AT&T family locator or whatever its called does that. I am pretty sure it is not free, I think it is like 5 bucks a month or something.

The only other thing I can think of would be google latitude. The problem with that is it can be turned off and stuff.

The only problem I can see with using a tracker is the broken/inaccurate GPS on these things. You might freak out when it shows her at the bar when she is really at the church youth meeting 2 miles away :p

Upvote 0
I've seen commercials for a Droid specific "security" app called Lookout that looks like it'll work on any Android phone. The download is free but I'm not sure if there's a monthly fee for it. It'll allow you to locate your phone on their website if it gets lost (or in this case if you want to know where she is). It also provides data backup and antivirus.

Android Antivirus & Security - Lookout

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones