• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need to Unroot Ally

megr0se

Nov 4, 2011
NJ
My mom wants to use my phone, I haven't used it for quite a while now and when checking the phone out, I noticed the camera doesn't work. Nothing happens when you tap on the icon. I've been trying for hours now to unroot the phone, with no success. Can anyone give me a simple way to go completely stock from Velocity (when I turn the phone on it says version 1.3.6) I've searched it on google, and followed directions from a bunch of threads, and nothing has happened. :( Can anyone help, please? This will be my moms first smart phone, she really wants to set it up, haha. Thanks in advance!

* Also, I never made a back-up because I never thought I'd need it - silly me :( The simpler, the better for me and the phone haha. *

* Also, when I connect the phone to my computer, there is no "sd" or "nandroid" folders. I rooted Velocity by just dragging the files to the "Removable Storage" spot. I made a Nandroid folder, and still had no luck *

move the stock unrooted nandroid here into your nandroid folder on the sdcard using directions in the thread below:
http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...d-2-2-2-stock-rooted-updated-5-july-11-a.html

boot into recovery. Wipe all data, caches, system, everything.
go to backup/restore in the recovery, and restore the nandroid you just copied over.

By the way there is no velocity beyond 1.2.2 so not sure what the 1.3.6 is. You want to make sure you are running a froyo rom before you use this method.

Upvote 0
move the stock unrooted nandroid here into your nandroid folder on the sdcard using directions in the thread below:
http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...d-2-2-2-stock-rooted-updated-5-july-11-a.html

boot into recovery. Wipe all data, caches, system, everything.
go to backup/restore in the recovery, and restore the nandroid you just copied over.

By the way there is no velocity beyond 1.2.2 so not sure what the 1.3.6 is. You want to make sure you are running a froyo rom before you use this method.

When my phone is connected and I use the drop down to see all the folders, there is no SD or Nandroid files, I just copy them to the Removable Device. Is there something else I should be looking for?

Upvote 0
* Also, when I connect the phone to my computer, there is no "sd" or "nandroid" folders. I rooted Velocity by just dragging the files to the "Removable Storage" spot. I downloaded a nandroid 222 and the clockwork files, and copied them as I said then put the phone into recovery and tried to "Apply zip from SD" .. what am I doing wrong? *

This is all wrong. Velocity comes rooted. Plus you cant just root something or install velocity by just dragging files to "removable storage"

Sorry I dont know what to say to help out. You have to be able to see your SD card folders to be able to move files in the right place. Are you sure you have velocity? You dont want to "apply Zip from SD" you should see a backup/restore section as long as you actually have a custom recovery.

If you double click on removable storage what happens? you are doing this from the pc right?

Upvote 0
This is all wrong. Velocity comes rooted. Plus you cant just root something or install velocity by just dragging files to "removable storage"

Sorry I dont know what to say to help out. You have to be able to see your SD card folders to be able to move files in the right place. Are you sure you have velocity? You dont want to "apply Zip from SD" you should see a backup/restore section as long as you actually have a custom recovery.

If you double click on removable storage what happens? you are doing this from the pc right?

I did check and it says it's Velocity 1.2.
When I hit Removable Storage I get a folder that says .android.secure, Android, clockwork mod, data, DCIM, GOSMS, LOST.DIR, Media, Mikulu, mp3 download, my album, picsay, velocity, velocity backup, velocity morph, velocity1.2.1 and velocity 1.2.1 Patch-signed

Upvote 0
You have never made a nandroid, therefore you will not have a nandroid folder. Create a folder on the root of your sdcard called nandroid
inside that, make a folder called mem=223M
Unzip THIS file, and place that folder inside mem=223M
Then go to recovery, and go to backup/restore, and restore that.
Once that's done, it will be back to stock. Enjoy.

I did exactly what you said and it said "Mismatch" .. what am I doing wrong here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones