• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need ugrent recommendation for android phone need for my business, please help!

sulu17

Lurker
Jul 25, 2010
Hi Guys,

I needed to get a new phone since my blackberry is dying.
I got a apple 3GS yeseterday to hold me off since droid x and incredible is not available. However apple will only check for emails every 15 min. It won't check any faster. My blackberry was instant.
I run a business where I need need to know soon as email comes in or I might lose orders... This is life line for me.
So 3GS is going back, and Iphone 4 is out of questions(probably same problem).

I have 3 choices. Which would you recommend?

1. ATT captivate(samsung galaxy s)
Good:
good screen
ATT has economical plan w/ 900min and 2GB internet for $85 per month
Free tethering with samsung kies
bad:
might have gps problem
no flash: this might be huge since it's is almost useless as camera indoors

2. verizon droid x

everything looks good but the the screen is older kind

bad :
verizon is expensive: 900min and internet and tethering is $120 per month.
I suppose I can get by with less minutes for $100.

3. verizon incredible

almost good as others and no real problem but still verizon is expensive

Which would you recommend. Now that i have 3GS, I can wait until I get any of the phones and return this one.
As I said, my reall needs are email(fast check), internet, good call quality, sometimes use of camera.

Please help me guys.

I'm using the Captivate it now and it's an awesome phone in my opinion. But if e-mail is REALLY important to you BlackBerry is the way to go hands down. A few of my friends have the BlackBerry 9780 (or something like that) and we tested how fast an e-mail shows up on the phone. With the BlackBerry it was almost instant.

Upvote 0
Hi guys

thank you for the replies.
Actually I just figured out the problem. By using google apps and gooble mobile sync, I was able push my email to iphone. It's almost instant.

I will probably use this one for little bit until I can get real phone for me and give to wife.

I am still torn between droid x(big screen) and captivate(reasonable monthly bill). I just read sprint will have galaxy s as well, but with led flash and kerboard, so this might be perfect. Sprint has pretty goo priced for $90 for all services as well (900 min and internet). Verizon is simply too expensive with $60 for tethering. I know I probably won't use this but when I need to it's for really urgent business.

My question still is between galaxy s and droid x which would you recommend? I am still asking because I am getting older and bigger screen simply is nicer to read :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Since you need emails on the go and would want an alternative from a Blackberry (although, yeah Blackberry is still the best in PUSH emails):

I would say you go for a droid phone with at least 1Ghz of processor speed + a QWERTY keypad (lets admit it typing is still faster with a physical keypad, I hope you dont mind the physical size tho') + the bigger in-phone memory the better (I believe emails will be stored in the phone memory for Exchange ActiveSync).

I did not name a specific phone model so you could widen your search.

(post made with assumption that you will use Exchange ActiveSync)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones