• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need updates for Samsung Exhibit 4G

texasuser

Lurker
Jul 22, 2014
My Exhibit 4G Model 759 is currently on 2.3.3 and to use the app for my bank I need at least 2.2.8 or higher. I contacted T-Mobile and they do not have updates for this phone anymore. Does anyone know if updates can still be done for this phone and where I might be able to find them? I know next to nothing about this sort of thing so will need help with doing this. Thank you

My Exhibit 4G Model 759 is currently on 2.3.3 and to use the app for my bank I need at least 2.2.8 or higher. I contacted T-Mobile and they do not have updates for this phone anymore. Does anyone know if updates can still be done for this phone and where I might be able to find them? I know next to nothing about this sort of thing so will need help with doing this. Thank you

You are pretty much out of luck.

The exhibit is a very weak handset with minimal memory and processing power,your only option right now is to root and use a custom ROM and those will introduce more bugs then functionality as the handset is so weak no one wanted to waste a lot of time on it.

If you need to bank online then its time to upgrade, the Galaxy S Blaze is a Tmobile handset that runs JellyBean out of the box, offers a dual core processor, and can be had for as low as 50 bucks used on ebay OR 140 bucks brand new on Amazon.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I figured that I might need an upgrade. The bank app is the only one I use, and not that much, but it is handy to check balances or deposit a check when I cannot get to the bank. I will check into the phone you mentioned.

If I buy a used one can I just swap my card into it and be good to go or do I have to take it to the T-Mobile store and get it set up there?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I figured that I might need an upgrade. The bank app is the only one I use, and not that much, but it is handy to check balances or deposit a check when I cannot get to the bank. I will check into the phone you mentioned.

If I buy a used one can I just swap my card into it and be good to go or do I have to take it to the T-Mobile store and get it set up there?

All you will have to do is drop your Sim card into the new handset and you will be good to go.

T-Mobile should sync your contacts over 15 minutes or so, Google will sync some of your apps once you sign into the new phone and anything you purchased via the play store will be available to download again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones