• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need urgent help

whtge8

Jun 8, 2010
I tried to install the vanilla lock screen but that sent my phone into a boot loop. I wiped the data, cache, and dalvik, reflashed the rom and now its stuck on the 'htc EVO 4G' screen. Tried this about 3 times with the same results.

Edit: Nevermind, all is good. Still no vanilla lock screen though. Not going through that scare again. Anyone know what I did wrong? I downloaded the .zip from fresh's site that removes htc's lock screen and world clock, I flashed it and got stuck in boot loop.

I tried to install the vanilla lock screen but that sent my phone into a boot loop. I wiped the data, cache, and dalvik, reflashed the rom and now its stuck on the 'htc EVO 4G' screen. Tried this about 3 times with the same results.

Edit: Nevermind, all is good. Still no vanilla lock screen though. Not going through that scare again. Anyone know what I did wrong? I downloaded the .zip from fresh's site that removes htc's lock screen and world clock, I flashed it and got stuck in boot loop.

If you manually remove htclockscreen.apk, the default lock screen will revert to vanilla. What ROM are you running?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones