1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Worldpay PAYG credit card apk help ASAP PLEEEEASE

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ajohnston01, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ajohnston01

ajohnston01 Lurker

I have a rooted sanei n10 running ICS 4.0.4 and have been accepted for a trial for worldpay PAYG. This enables me to take credit/debit card payments using a chip and pin keypad and my table via bluetooth and an apk. When I downloaded apk and tried to run it it keeps saying, 'It appears the operating system on this device has been modified. Due to card scheme security requirements this application has been disabled.'

Need a work round for this or a way of changing the apk security settings.
    Tried the work round for barclays ping it but it doesn't work.

This apk isnt on general release yet as it in trial stage and as a new member I can't post links if you think you can help private message me & I can provide where apk is available from

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

Having worked in the CC industry I should warn that card providers take this sort of thing very very seriously. With the advent of chip and pin they put more onus on the merchant in any cases of fraud.

This being the case I would very strongly recommend you play by the line here and utilize a separate device to process your card payments.

If there's any dispute on a charge and they ascertain that you were rooted then they may very well wash their hands off you and leave you with the disputed amount.

I'd personally not mess around with them. I've dealt with VISA before and they play an extremely rough game.

Proceed with caution!

3. ajohnston01

ajohnston01 Lurker

I even performed a complete factory reset on the tablet but this tablet seems to be rooted full stop. The whole reason I got the tablet was the bluetooth for this purpose. Might just resign from trial as I can't afford to purchase a whole new tablet

4. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert

From a security standpoint, rooting is a BIG no-no. Doing a "factory reset" on a rooted device often will wipe the user data and maintain the root, especially if a custom ROM is on it (as is the case with your device). Rooting opens up potential for security holes, many companies (mine included) prohibit use of rooted devices with their corporate email servers even.

Dealing with credit cards, as the previous poster mentioned, you really should stick to stock devices without root.

5. ajohnston01

ajohnston01 Lurker

For clarification I DID NOT ROOT THIS DEVICE it came that way. I did not know it was rooted when purchased or I would not have bought it. I am just trying to make the best of the situation as I can't afford to pay out for a new tablet