• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need your advice - get a Samsung Galaxy S II or a HTC?

Hello guys.

I want to get an android phone, I don't have the money to get the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I was thinking about getting the Galaxy S2 or some HTC, what do you recomend friends?

Galaxy S II is the better phone anyway, more capable than the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm not a fan of any HTC phones available right now, the HTC Rezound is decent but only available in the US, to heavy for me and the performance isnt as good.

Goto a phone shop and try them out, you could also consider the Motorola Razr, I'm not a fan but you might like it.

Upvote 0
Galaxy S2 with Go launcher is a near perfect phone. I dont even long for ICS.

THIS!

Its true, even though my SGS2 is my FIRST Android phone, TW was pretty easy to use, but when I installed Go Launcher EX along with some themes and other Widgets, it was great! The UI was much easier to use than TW (not saying TW is not user friendly, just easier) and a bunch of customizations. Now when I knew nothing about Androids, I thought they all ran the same, had no idea each Manufacturer had their own UIs. So the HTC phones looked awesome to me cause of that big beautiful Weather + Clock Widget. I then played with my cousin's HTC phone and did not like it at all! IDK what FW it was on but didn't have a good experience.

I have been looking around and most websites and people rate the SGS2 one of or the best Android phone. I loved the big screen and the thin-ness of the phone, not to mention its lightweight!

I just have nothing bad to say about the SGS2, it has been working great. It's fast, the touch screen is very reactive to your touch and very smooth. Can't go wrong with it.

But then again, its up to you. You may like the UI of the HTC. If I was to pick an HTC it would be the HTC Rezound. Looks speedy, and it has a rugged look with a little bit of flashiness with the shiny front face and shiny accents. This phone might actually make me interested in a HTC phone. We will see in the future, right now i'm loving my SGS2. Very sleek and lightweight.

Reactions: Malpat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones