• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need your help please - cant get to ROMS on XDA

bdaoust

Jan 22, 2010
So, I have an Evo 4G running CM7 and the GPS stops running.

Did a bunch of reading and found that I need to go back to a Sense ROM pre Gingerbread, enter some code on the keyboard and then go back to CM7.

Problem is that all the ROM downloads on XDA don't seem to work. They want me to install iLivid download manager, which appears to be a malware of some sort. I tried Jdownloader, but that says the site decrypter is not valid.

Can someone direct me to a sense rom I can use to fix the GPS?

Thanks
Brian

Did a bunch of reading and found that I need to go back to a Sense ROM pre Gingerbread, enter some code on the keyboard and then go back to CM7.

Problem is that all the ROM downloads on XDA don't seem to work. They want me to install iLivid download manager, which appears to be a malware of some sort. I tried Jdownloader, but that says the site decrypter is not valid.

Thanks
Brian

which ones have you tried? all of the roms are usually posted on some fie sharing site and sometimes the download for the rom is hidden among all the ads and various links.

try mikg3.11
MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]

download the full wipe version.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

Thanks
Brian

This will work for ya:D
Are you trying to download via computer or phone.
I have not run across that, then again, I dont flash many roms.

Edit: I knew I shouldn't have taken a couple bites of my sammich while typing....ocn beat me!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Edit: I knew I shouldn't have taken a couple bites of my sammich while typing....ocn beat me!
85279732.jpg

NINJA'D!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I saw that ocnbrze, do I not need to flash back to Sense using this driver? I tried it, but I didn't seem to work.

Mikestony, so I downloaded the ROM, did a wipe (using amon ra 2.3) and did a wipe, delvix cache) and choose zip to install. It looked like it installed (it said it did) and I rebooted. It sat on the Evo white screen forever) Checked the SD card on my computer nad only the ROM itself was there. Iwould have though the install process extract some files. Not sure whats going on there.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I saw that ocnbrze, do I not need to flash back to Sense using this driver? I tried it, but I didn't seem to work.

Mikestony, so I downloaded the ROM, did a wipe (using amon ra 2.3) and did a wipe, delvix cache) and choose zip to install. It looked like it installed (it said it did) and I rebooted. It sat on the Evo white screen forever) Checked the SD card on my computer nad only the ROM itself was there. Iwould have though the install process extract some files. Not sure whats going on there.

Thanks

nope no need to go to sense. just flash the qualcom driver and you should be fine.

Upvote 0
well mikg3.11 is great. if you want to try aosp (android open source project) which is pure android with non of the sense overlay, then i would try deck's re-loaded. but really there are so many that it is hard to pick just one.

if you want try others then go over to EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers and check the roms there.

main thing is to read the op, checkout the changelog and check to see if there are any special instructions and such before you flash the rom. always try and do research before diving in head first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones