1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need your knowledge

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Astro2004, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Astro2004

Astro2004 Lurker

First let me say tht I have owned a tablet for all of 1 month. It's stuck on the loading screen "GO".

The model is a TMAX- TM9S775.

The factory reset does not work on it. They want me to send it to them for repair, but that's going to cost about half the amount the tablet is worth. I would rather learn and experiment with this one.

Here's what I want to do. My father owns this exact same model tablet. Is there away to get the factory reset from his onto a micro SD card, put that micro SD card into mine, and do a clean install on to mine?

If so... PLEASE remember, I have zero xperience in the android world. Windows... yep, android... nope. Step by step please.

Thank you all

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

step 1.. return to seller

Done

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

The short answer is no, you can't do that.

Unfortunately, with these off-brand devices, there is very little information how to do anything beyond normal operation. Most of these are manufactured in China and distributed under whatever name they feel like.

I tried seeing if there were rooting methods or custom recovery methods for this device, but instead found a disturbingly large complaints about cracked screens.

Your best move is to return it.