• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need your opinions

azgunz

May 22, 2010
AZ
Alright so I have the alias 2 currently and have about a year left on my 2 Year Contract. What is the deal with the contracts?
I hear from some people that I could get the phone at the 2 year price and it would then extend my contract another 2 years from that date.
Or is the 2 year contract with the phone, where I would NEED to cancel the contract in order to get the 2 year pricing on the droid incredible?

I HATE the alias 2.

You would have to talk to verizon, they might allow you to get the incredible at the 2 year price and just extend your contract since they will be making more money off of you that way.

hopefully. Im going to go with my mother because she is great friends with the store manager so hopefully I can pick up some sort of good deal

Upvote 0
hopefully. Im going to go with my mother because she is great friends with the store manager so hopefully I can pick up some sort of good deal

So I am guessing you are not the primary line? If you are the primary line you get annual upgrade and should be eligible for upgrade at 2 year pricing after you have gone 12 months with the Alias2. If you are a secondary line your not eligible until 20 months into your Alias2. In that case its completely up to the discretion of the store manager which in your case sounds hopeful.

You are aware there is a mandatory minimum $29.99 data plan required on the Incredible?

Upvote 0

Don't go to the store. Call corporate customer service, tell them you're unhappy with the phone, and they might push up your upgrade date. That's what I did.

After you do that, then the store manager will have to approve you for an early upgrade.

Upvote 0
Don't go to the store. Call corporate customer service, tell them you're unhappy with the phone, and they might push up your upgrade date. That's what I did.

After you do that, then the store manager will have to approve you for an early upgrade.

I'm gonna have to disagree. If his mom is friends with the local store manager, he should try that route first, IMO

Upvote 0
Try the store manager route first since your mom is friends with him/her. If that fails, send a nice email to customer service telling them you've heard such great things about the Incredible and would really appreciate if they could grant you the courtesy of moving up your NE2 date to upgrade now.

Worked for me to preorder; although my NE2 date was a lot closer than yours.

Upvote 0
So I am guessing you are not the primary line? If you are the primary line you get annual upgrade and should be eligible for upgrade at 2 year pricing after you have gone 12 months with the Alias2. If you are a secondary line your not eligible until 20 months into your Alias2. In that case its completely up to the discretion of the store manager which in your case sounds hopeful.

You are aware there is a mandatory minimum $29.99 data plan required on the Incredible?

GrandMasterB, has it always been like that? I have the primary line and thought it was 18 months to be eligible. Thanks!

Upvote 0
GrandMasterB, has it always been like that? I have the primary line and thought it was 18 months to be eligible. Thanks!

Been like that for a while, there are a few requirements but I have never had any trouble taking advantage of it.

"You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It’s as easy as that."

Answers to FAQs

There is no meter to track annual upgrade eligibilty like they do with NE2 but 12 months to the day from signing your last contract, log in online and it will show the line eligible for upgrade at discounted pricing. I *think* if you use annual upgrade in store they charge you a $20 fee. I have never had to pay the fee by upgrading online.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones