1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Needed HELP ASAP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by telur1, Apr 11, 2012.

1. telur1

telur1 Lurker

Hello to all
    i had brought a samsung Galaxy Ace last year and it was perfectly fine until the last few days , i would like to ask if any one can help with few of these questions below

1) I try to install update from the play store and as well as update the APPS that i have, But most of the time after it finish download the it will show cannot install into Phone or SD card. What is the problem. ?

2) I am currently running it under stock OS (froyo 2.2) and i would like to update it and how do i update it and do i need to root ?

Thank you very nice

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. neo_the_one

neo_the_one Member

Try factory resetting your phone. Maybe ur phone's memory is full or your sd card.
    And about updating your ace.. well its very easy. Just google how to update my galaxy ace to gingerbread or other roms.

And don't forget to hit thanks if i helped you! :)

sent from my rooted gingerbread GT-B7510 using tapatalk

telur1 likes this.
  3. telur1

telur1 Lurker

What about the apps i have ?
    Does it mean i need to also reinstall all of them after i factory reset it ?
    if it still doesn't work what should i do ?

4. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

Apps will need to be reinstalled if you factory reset.

Updating officially is as simple as installing KIES on your PC and plugging phone in. It will prompt you to update.

telur1 likes this.
  5. neo_the_one

neo_the_one Member

There are many custom roms available for ace. Just google it. Itz ur best friend. U can update to gingerbread or cyanogenmod. And factory resetting will erase everything except ur sd card stuff.
    So try backing up ur apps b4 resetting.

sent from my rooted gingerbread GT-B7510 using tapatalk

telur1 likes this.
  6. telur1

telur1 Lurker

thanks all for you quick help and reply tried to restore factory setting , it did not work so send to samsung centre and got it reformated and up graded. appreciated all the advice and help given and will give rooting a thought !!

7. GrahamF

GrahamF Android Enthusiast

NO! Don't root it, unless you want to be sending it back to the Samsung service centre again....!! LOL! Graham :)

8. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

Rooting is perfectly safe if you flash an update.zip from recovery. Using a one click solution or something like rom manager to flash a cwm recovery is where you could be looking at a brick.

Dont root just for the hell of it though. Root only because you need to use an app that needs root access. There is NO other reason why you should do this!!

GrahamF likes this.
  9. neo_the_one

neo_the_one Member

Though i believe that galaxy ace supports superoneclick root method too. Thats the easiest it can ever get. :)

10. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member

Only froyo supports superoneclick. Now gingerbread does not support it. BTW I think its easier to just flash a zip from the recovery menu to root.

neo_the_one likes this.
  11. neo_the_one

neo_the_one Member

Hmmm...
    Your right, even i rooted by that method on my GB. Thanks.!
    Superoneclick's for froyo only!!!
    :D

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews