• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Needed: HTC mini USB to micro USB adapter

Hi everyone,

I'm desperately trying to find an adapter, so far no luck. I bought an HTC remote/microphone cord that allows 3.5mm stereo headsets to be plugged into it, then plugs into the squared off HTC mini USB. Only problem is our Incredibles have micro USB ports. So I'm trying to find an adapter with a female mini USB port that can fit the squared off HTC design on the one corner, with a male micro USB that I could plug into the Incredible.

I've found a couple female mini USB to male micro USB adapters, but they all look like the only accept the traditional mini USB shape, not the HTC style with one squared off corner. Thus my need. Any help would be much appreciated.

well, apparently any micro/mini usb can fit in these (i use my LG env touch micro usb cable in it), and i had an HTC car charger for the eris, which was mini usb, and didnt wanna buy another one...so i went to radio shack. yup lol an adapter, just a small plastic piece, from mini to micro, was like 6 bucks

Upvote 0
well, apparently any micro/mini usb can fit in these (i use my LG env touch micro usb cable in it), and i had an HTC car charger for the eris, which was mini usb, and didnt wanna buy another one...so i went to radio shack. yup lol an adapter, just a small plastic piece, from mini to micro, was like 6 bucks

Did the car charger for your Eris have the one squared off corner on the mini USB? looking at some pictures online of regular mini usb to micro usb adapters, it looks like they're shaped to match normal mini usb, not the HTC one. I may end up getting one just to try it, if not take it back, but was hoping there might be a HTC specific one. thanks for the input

Upvote 0
I use this and it works for charging. Haven't tried using it for data. Female mini USB to male micro USB.

Link: FRYS.com Micro USB

6078528.big.jpg

Reactions: Casbah
Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat, bought the remote for my Hero, loved it. Now I can't use it on my EVO. Very frustrating.

To clear up the unhelpful replies here, we are looking for a converter that will accept the MALE HTC mini plug. Standard male mini USB plugs will fit into the female port on HTC devices, but the reverse is not true. The remote/mic/headset plug we bought from HTC fits into the (mini) usb port on the phone and allows you to control the music player, volume, and call buttons without removing the phone from a pocket. It also contains a 3.5 jack and a microphone on the little remote with a clip, allowing you to clip it to your shirt or jacket. You can use your phone as an MP3 player and still receive calls without actually touching your phone while working out or whatever.

I have mini to micro converters laying around but cannot insert the weird HTC mini, "squared off," plug into these converters. I have considered taking the remote into a store and having them cut the cord and sodder a micro plug onto it, haven't got around to it yet, not even sure who could do something like that around here. Will get back to you if I have any luck.

Upvote 0
I was just looking at that adapter on amazon. All the reviews says it will work with the Inc. Have you had any issues with it?

That will work with a standard usb mini, but NOT with an HTC mini. HTC minis are a non standard shape and will only plug into HTC female mini usb ports. So, if you are trying to convert an htc plug with a flat side, no it won't work. Regular mini, you're fine.

Upvote 0
That will work with a standard usb mini, but NOT with an HTC mini. HTC minis are a non standard shape and will only plug into HTC female mini usb ports. So, if you are trying to convert an htc plug with a flat side, no it won't work. Regular mini, you're fine.

Ok, good. I want to use the adapter with my old mini usb BlackBerry cables. I have like 5 of them scattered around and would like to be able to use the adapter to keep one at work and keep my HTC charger at home. Also, I just noticed earlier that the price for these on Amazon went from $2.10 to $6.60. I'm kind of annoyed I didn't buy a few of them a month ago when I first saw them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones