1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

needed- install-recovery.sh or install-recovery.sh.bak from a Z4 device

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MacFett, Dec 19, 2012.

1. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I am getting ready to send my Elite back to VMU and I would like to remove CWM first. I don't seem to have install-recovery.sh in my nandroid for some reason. If anyone has a stock rooted Z4 device can you please look in /system/etc/ for the file? Or if you have a stock nandroid with the file (even the .bak) I will take that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Daigoro

Daigoro Newbie

how do you tell if your device is Z4 or not?

3. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Settings -> About Phone -> Scroll down to baseband version: VM696ZV#-blahbity-blahbity. (Also Build Number and Software version should also say ZV4 or 5)

If you got an Elite and then got the OTA update from VMU you had a ZV4 device that is now ZV5 but should still have the install-recovery.sh unless you've flashed a custom ROM.

4. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Android Expert

PM me your email and I can email you the file. I have mine backed up from ZV5 if that works.

5. johnholmes24

johnholmes24 Lurker

Could use the stock zv5 image also. Never knew I had to back it up to start with. Is there a sticky posted somewhere on this for people who are new to flashing like me so the next handful of people don't wipe their stock recovery img? Thanks.

6. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

It did not work for me. Once I restored the file and rebooted the CWM recovery stayed.

7. Artine

Artine Android Expert

It's only a theory, but I'm assuming someone could copy /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 (partition 14) via the terminal/ADB, and you could format the partition and copy over/overwrite the recovery partition's data with what was copied from a ZV4 or ZV5 firmware device prior to them installing CWM.

8. johnholmes24

johnholmes24 Lurker

Thanks. Looks like ill wait to restore phone to stock. I guess a custom/ custom stock recovery is in order. Whew cmw is more permanent than I thought.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews