• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Needing help inputting new APN update

A wonderful Net10 tec texted me APN settings to configure so that my 3g and mms will start working again......except Im not sure where or what Im suppose to put in the right required fields as the text didnt really specify it exactly. It actually looks like a web link and is throwing me off majorly (not hard to do when Im basically a fool when it comes to things like this) so Im needing some help with it.

This is what was sent to me:
://DM;1;TFDATA;tfdata;;;0;;;mms3.tracfone.com;80;http://mms-tf.net.46258d62dd1062d774974f8902739178

As stated, I cant view current apn settings and have no clue what to enter in the right fields.. Not sure how to go about viewing them either as Im only given the option to set up a new apn.

Can someone please assist me in this matter? I would be enternially grateful for any and all help.

Thank you so much in advance. Hopefully one day I will be able to figure all this out on my own. Wish I could take some kind of courses for androids to inform myself better so I dont have to continue bothering you wonderful people here at ANDROID FORUM with my phone issues

While in the mobile network settings you should see access point names, APN, when you open that you should see the actual apn, probably says net10 if you tap on it it will open up into an editable field.
I do not know exactly what needs to go where but it will look something like

Screenshot_2013-05-25-18-01-18.png

Screenshot_2013-05-25-18-01-29.png

Upvote 0
A wonderful Net10 tec texted me APN settings to configure so that my 3g and mms will start working again......except Im not sure where or what Im suppose to put in the right required fields as the text didnt really specify it exactly. It actually looks like a web link and is throwing me off majorly (not hard to do when Im basically a fool when it comes to things like this) so Im needing some help with it.

This is what was sent to me:
://DM;1;TFDATA;tfdata;;;0;;;mms3.tracfone.com;80;http://mms-tf.net.46258d62dd1062d774974f8902739178

As stated, I cant view current apn settings and have no clue what to enter in the right fields.. Not sure how to go about viewing them either as Im only given the option to set up a new apn.

Can someone please assist me in this matter? I would be enternially grateful for any and all help.

Thank you so much in advance. Hopefully one day I will be able to figure all this out on my own. Wish I could take some kind of courses for androids to inform myself better so I dont have to continue bothering you wonderful people here at ANDROID FORUM with my phone issues

Ok, I just set up this for my dad, I took a screenshot and this setup works for web and pic messages on his phone. What you see in the pic is the only changes you make there are a few more settings if you scroll down but they dont need to be changed.

I hope you got it but if not this might help.
Screenshot_2013-05-28-19-41-02.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones