1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Needing some help with UOT Kitchen files HALP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jOgRoAr, Jan 12, 2013.

1. jOgRoAr

jOgRoAr Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    Male
    California
    So I was digging through old Esteem posts and wanted to get the most out of my device, theming(Themeing?) and such. And I got around to using UOT Kitchen and am now left with the "cooked" UOT files and the original rom (MS910 LD-LG V3.5 ZVD) and upon comparison i noticed that the UOT zip I recieved contains only ;"app","framework","META-INF", and "settings"
    whereas the ZVD mod contains; "data", "META-INF", "system", "Boot.img" and "install busybox". So the UOT zip seems to be lacking in files and I want to know how to proceed, are these files necessary? I wouldn't want to brick my phone. :thinking:
    and feel free to laugh I know its probably a newbie question lol. I'm new to rooting completely I'm still having trouble with terminology :D So explain it to me like i'm 5 :rolleyes:

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Advertisement

2. travioso

travioso Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Ocala, FL
    On my phone so here is the short version but i'm sure someone else will go more in depth ;)

Basically the kitchen is only replacing the necessary image/frame work files to make the changes you want where as the zvd roms include all the.img files as they are replacing the entire system..

Make a back up first but in general uot has seemed safe..

jOgRoAr likes this.
  3. jOgRoAr

jOgRoAr Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    Male
    California
    thanks,travioso
    you have helped feel at ease with what I may do, i think i'm just gonna try taking the "cooked" files and overwriting the original ones that came with the rom and backing up the old ones along with the whole rom on its own. once again thanks loads!

4. travioso

travioso Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Ocala, FL
    Your welcome.. can flash the.zip through cwm..

jOgRoAr likes this.
  5. jOgRoAr

jOgRoAr Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    Male
    California
    Okay so if anyone else has this confusion later. all i had to do was just flash the .zip i got from uot and wipe cache and dalvik(i think thats how its spelled.) And installed from sd card. then let it reboot. i was slightly scared because it sure took its time at the "metro PCS" screen but worked well nonetheless :D. the whole thing seems to work a only complaint is that the "4G" indicator didnt change but ill work on that later. so thanks for everyone (one person) for the quick help.
    and ill just apologize for any spelling mistakes,im using my phone XD

6. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Detroit,Michigan
    To the root side ;)

jOgRoAr likes this.
  7. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Male
    Graphic-arts
    Lynn, MA
    yeah sadly UOT is un-aware of LG's tricks LOL, the 4g icons for us are in both sysui and framework but only 1 app actually controls it, so you just need to place them in the other LOL

and becarefull when using UOT, if you have the time it's better to learn what kitchen is actually doing for you, then you can apply it to more features of the rom rather than what UOT limits you to :D

if you ever have any questions related to root/theming/modding etc.. feel free to ask anyone of us!!

jOgRoAr likes this.
  8. D0VeR

D0VeR Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 3, 2012
    laser programmer/operator
    FloriDuhhhh
    Just don't ask dover
    Dover suck at this
    :D

9. Bard

Bard Android Expert
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Male
    Programmer
    Fort Worth, TX
    As others explained, once you download UOT cooked file you can replace them into your working folder of Kitchen. I remember most of folder structure is same except boot animation. Then simply make finalized Rom from this.

Tags: