• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Needs help with spell check.

Aliciaa1206

Lurker
Aug 27, 2011
I've had this phone for about a month and my spell check isn't working. The only thing it corrects is "I" that's it. I know it's on because I went into my settings and it says it's on. I'm really starting to get a little upset with this phone. If anyone knows how to help can you please.

Thank you for your time :)

I've had this phone for about a month and my spell check isn't working. The only thing it corrects is "I" that's it. I know it's on because I went into my settings and it says it's on. I'm really starting to get a little upset with this phone. If anyone knows how to help can you please.

Thank you for your time :)

What do you mean doesn't work, wont auto correct? Or flat out doesn't show the dictionary bay when you type?

Upvote 0
On android keyboard....

Press menu button on phone
Select settings
Select language and keyboard
Tap android keyboard
Tap input languages
Check English
Tap back button
Check quick fixs and following options.

This is how I have the android keyboard on my friends phone and my ascend.
His broke down a few days ago with the corrector, make sure you enable it for the right keyboard as well, his has Qwerty settings, both have Quick Fix enabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones