1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Nesoid save states on Dropbox

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TheInsomniac, Sep 8, 2012.

1. TheInsomniac

TheInsomniac Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Science
    New Orleans
    I've searched the google high and low, and I've found no clear help this problem.

I'd like to be able to sync nesoid save states across my devices using Dropbox. The problem is that nesoid does not allow you to choose where the save states go (at least it's not obvious how to do so from inside the app).

Anyone have any suggestions?

I want to do this both so I can pick up and play with another device, but also so that I don't lose all of my save states, like I did with a recent factory reset.

Advertisement

2. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Analyst
    CT
    Nesoid saves in the same location the rom was opened from.

So, what I do is load all my NES (snes, genesis, etc.) roms onto my computer in their appropriate files. Then I select those as my Dropbox folders.

Now, once everything has been uploaded and sync'd on your Dropbox account go into your phone and select the game you want by going through Dropbox. It will download the game and ask you what application to use that file with.

Play game, save and give it a sec and that savestate "should" be uploaded to the Dropbox server b/c you saved it in your dropbox folder.

Good luck, I hope that helps

3. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    You can also try DropSync Works really well for my Max Payne saves, as I was able to switch between my One S and G-Slate within minutes.

4. TheInsomniac

TheInsomniac Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Science
    New Orleans
    This approach didn't work because the Nexus S downloads the ROM to local storage (to the SD card), and thus the save state is on the SD card, and not the DropBox folder.

Not sure what the point of DropSync is - doesn't Dropbox already sync files, isn't that a major point of it? But I may give it a shot.