1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Netflix not working on rooted S6 SM-G920I

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sasharky, Feb 3, 2016.

1. sasharky

sasharky Lurker

Hey guys,

So I recently rooted my S6 with Odin, mainly just to remove bloatware, and soon discovered Netflix won't work. It will go as far as letting me choose a movie/episode, but it'll just infinite-loop the loading screen.

Anyone had this happen and/or know a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

A basic first thing to try is going into your Settings >> Application manager and after selecting 'Netflix' tap the 'Force stop' button and then the 'Clear data' button. If that doesn't help do the same steps over again but also tap the 'Clear data' button. (but note when you 'Clear data' you'll have to re-enter your user I.D. and password when you launch the Netflix app)

3. sasharky

sasharky Lurker

Still does the looping :/ Tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling it too and it didn't help. It didn't however ask for me to log-in again even after uninstalling, so I'm not sure if it didn't *completely* uninstall, or maybe it was google remembering the log-in? I'm not even sure if I've set that, but anyway...

4. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

5. sasharky

sasharky Lurker

Don't think so as it works fine on my computer and my boyfriends unrooted S6 :s
    Also tried launching through Chrome on phone instead of the app and it loops as well

6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Did you flash a custom ROM on your S6?

Netflix also just had a new update recently

#6 tube517, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  7. sasharky

sasharky Lurker

Uhh some CF-Autoroot one but I'm changing it back to stock now, it's horrible to message on as well

8. Alexa94

Alexa94 Lurker

Hey, first of all check your internet speed and then check Netflix server response on this website www.Netflixdown.com.

9. svim

svim Extreme Android User

This is a dated thread, prior to Netflix killing off support for rooted Android devices:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/15/15640820/netflix-blocks-app-rooted-android-devices
    You might try this workaround:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-netflix-enabler-enable-netflix-t3708126

Just anecdotally, on an old, rooted phone Netflix is still working for me without having to do any tweaks to it, but it's version 4.16.0 (current is 6.5.0) so while I still use it to do stuff like watch content on a Chromecast each night, a lot of features and its user interface is less functional than when using a non-rooted, more current phone.

Jfalls63 and bcrichster like this.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews