• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Tried the blue and no luck. Looks like ill have to try more ... Btw not rooted

I'm not rooted either so that's odd. I did the black v1.3 on my inspire, pink 1.3 on my galaxy tab and blue 1.3 on the Acer. All work fine. There is a system update thingy that keeps popping up for me that I haven't gotten to on my Acer and its version 3.0.1 haven't updated to 3.1 either. Didn't want to do all the updates yet if I was gunna end up having problems and return yet another one.

Upvote 0
okay trying the blue again. This time im restarting the tab. Hopefully the catch will be removed on it. starting to wonder if its because im on 3.1??? Ill report back with the updates... Ill try all of them

Tried everything.none work's.

Yep he is right. NOTHING works. From my research you have to be rooted to use the .apk's or be very lucky and like above have 3.0.1 (old honeycomb)

Keeping an eye open for an update :'(

Upvote 0
Well out of pure boredom I went against my better judgement and did the update to see if netflix would work after. And sadly it no longer works. On the bright side i haven't done too much setup on the tab so resetting it is not heartbreaking at this point. Unless of course I decide to root and try the asus patch for netflix on xda...

Upvote 0
Well out of pure boredom I went against my better judgement and did the update to see if netflix would work after. And sadly it no longer works. On the bright side i haven't done too much setup on the tab so resetting it is not heartbreaking at this point. Unless of course I decide to root and try the asus patch for netflix on xda...

Well that was dumb... lol if you do a factory reset it remains on 3.1. If I did not have hundreds of hours vested into some games I would root to get the Netflix.

Upvote 0
Well that was dumb... lol if you do a factory reset it remains on 3.1. If I did not have hundreds of hours vested into some games I would root to get the Netflix.

I did a factory reset and it took me back to out of the box 3.0.1 and now the update is available box pops up again. But I have decided to go ahead and root it, of course that is once I'm done reading everything I can find on rooting. Everyone says its super easy but with my luck something will go wrong.

Upvote 0
I did a factory reset and it took me back to out of the box 3.0.1 and now the update is available box pops up again. But I have decided to go ahead and root it, of course that is once I'm done reading everything I can find on rooting. Everyone says its super easy but with my luck something will go wrong.

Wow that's cool i heard the opposite. Your one lucky man. LOL. You and I are alike I know its super easy with the one click root but like u I know some how I would screw that up. :p

If you do it let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0
OK now rooted, flashed the transformer Netflix patch and Netflix now works again on 3.1

The whole process takes very little time, most of my time was spent sweating, cussing at myself and building up the nerve to do it.

Edit: little side note for anyone considering using the transformer patch, there is a chance that after this patch is applied there maybe an issue with the camcorder. Here is what I have run into. When I open the camera app my front/rear cameras work fine but when I tap the video recorder to switch it force closes for the rear video recorder. However, if I use the camcorder app itself my front/rear video recorders work fine no problem. There seems to be a problem in the camera app switching to the rear video recorder causing it to force close. So if you want to use the patch chances are you won't be able to switch from camera to video within the camera app, I know I know such a PITA to actually have to use the camcorder app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones