• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Netflix on the fritz

Armigezmo

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
Is anyone else having the problem of Netflix playing back at half speed? For some reason my phone just started playing all netflix at half speed.

I have a droid charge.
I played the same titles on my tablet and it came through just fine.
I tried 4g and wifi (no change).
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Netflix
I also tried resetting/power cycling my phone.

Any ideas? Am I the only one with this problem? Is there a goofy setting in Netflix that would do that?

I have the same model phone as you and just came across this same problem. Keep in mind this solution here will require you to re enter your login credentials the next time you open the app. I fixed the problem by going to the Netflix settings under Manage Applications, then clearing the data, clearing the cache, and moving the app back to the phone storage from the sd card (I had previously moved it to the sd card). I chose to do all three of these at once, though only one of them may have been necessary. Oh well, now it works! Happy streaming

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones