• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Netflix on the Optimus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does everything but stream, which is not unexpected since its not official yet. Promising though as it appears to not have any device restrictions (yet). Since tv.com streams over wifi (and rather well I might add) we know it'll work, but it's up to Netflix whether they'll allow it (since Virgin can limit it to queue management and only allow you to stream over wifi). Before they blocked it, others reported successful streaming on other devices. This along with Hulu will make phones like the Optimus fantastic alternatives to the $49 iPhone which not only works for both, but according to specs i've read, also has a 600mhz processor like the Optimus. Personally, I have no desire to be one of the countless Apple zombies out there on their iPhones thinking they're better than me... which is why I had to go Android.

Now, we wait and see...

Upvote 0
It does everything but stream, which is not unexpected since its not official yet. Promising though as it appears to not have any device restrictions (yet). Since tv.com streams over wifi (and rather well I might add) we know it'll work, but it's up to Netflix whether they'll allow it (since Virgin can limit it to queue management and only allow you to stream over wifi). Before they blocked it, others reported successful streaming on other devices. This along with Hulu will make phones like the Optimus fantastic alternatives to the $49 iPhone which not only works for both, but according to specs i've read, also has a 600mhz processor like the Optimus. Personally, I have no desire to be one of the countless Apple zombies out there on their iPhones thinking they're better than me... which is why I had to go Android.

Now, we wait and see...

My fiance has the iphone 3g, not the 3gs and the stock iphone 3g, which she has-has a 620Mhz processor underclocked to 412Mhz and it runs Netflix and Hulu Plus no problem. The issue is not will it work, Netflix would work no problem, the problem is the crappy DRM software not being compatible with most android phone processors. Netflix itself would run fine but it's the security software preventing piracy that has all the problems.

Upvote 0
I'd say you got some issues if you can't delay watching a movie long enough for you to take a shit.....

It's a little difficult to lug that 47 incher into the crapper.

Originally Posted by lou61166
This is a waste seeing it only works right with Wifi,and most of the time the only place to free dependable wifi is in your home,where, why would i watch a movie on a non HD 3 inch screen when i have a 47 inch HD LCD TV to view video on.

Upvote 0
i dont mind watching tv on tiny screens. its only me viewing the content so on the go if it accepted 3g it would be great. I'm too chicken to tether or I'd watch netflix on my laptop using my phone as a hotspot when im out and about. i was also planning a lengthy road trip and i like watching old episodes of scrubs to pass the time and would not be bummed out by the small screen since i watch youtube on it which doesn't bother my eyes. also i dont have an hd tv or a wii/ps3 to watch it on my old school tv anyways.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones